FUNDING AVAILABLE: COMMEMORATE THE END OF THE WAR 100 YEARS AGO
The local Hunter community is encouraged to apply for funding under the Armistice Centenary Grants Program.
The grants program announced in November this year will provide support for projects or activities in 2018 that commemorate the end of the First World War.
Expressions of interest applications are now open with submissions due by 5pm Friday 15 December 2017.
Every electorate across Australia will receive up to $50,000 for local projects that appropriately commemorate the end of the war 100 years ago.
One-off grants of between $3,000 and $50,000 are available and I encourage all those in the Hunter who want to contribute to a significant period in our nation’s history to submit an expression of interest to my office.
Members of Parliament will be required to consult their community organisations or create a new Community Consultation Committee, whose role will be to seek the community’s views on how best to commemorate the Centenary of Armistice locally.
The Committee will also assist me in reviewing all proposals before an application is submitted to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Expressions of interest in the grants can now be lodged HERE.
STRONGER COMMUNITIES GRANTS PROGRAMME EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR ROUND 3 HAVE NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to all who submitted an application.
What could your community group do with up to $20,000?
In the 2017 Budget, the Australian Government committed $22.5 million for a third round of the Stronger Communities Programme (SPC). This means the Hunter electorate has access to $150,000 worth of grants!
Applicants will be eligible to apply for a grant between $2,500 and $20,000 to fund a project that will benefit the local community and increase public participation. All applicants are required to match the SCP grant in cash or in-kind on at least a dollar for dollar basis.
Examples of projects that may be funded under the program include:
- Construction and fit-out of men’s sheds;
- Fit-out of community centres, health centres including kitchen upgrades and equipment purchases such as computers, TVs and furniture and fittings;
- Sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, seating, new turf, fit-out out of changes rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks; streetscapes;
- Bike paths; or
- Purchase of equipment for local SES.
If you think your organisation, or an organisation you are affiliated with, could do wonders with a grant, I encourage you to apply!
Recipients of round two include:
- $14,832 to the Aberdeen Junior Cricket Club Inc. for the upgrade of Jefferson Park cricket pitch and practice nets.
- $6,000 to the Bucketty and District Rural Fire Brigade for the A Place for Community project.
- $20,000 to the Singleton Neighbourhood Centre Inc. for an upgrade to their bathroom and kitchen facilities.
- $17,805 to the Cessnock Multipurpose Children’s Centre for the renovation of Dudley Street playground.
To be eligible for funding, an applicant must:
- Be a community based non-for-profit organisation in its own right and not be owned by a state or territory government; or
- Be a local governing body; and
- A legal entity with a current Australian Business Number (ABN).
How do I apply?
* Please note, an expression of interest application does not guarantee being selected as an applicant.
Following the submission of your expression of interest application, the community consultation committee will identify priority projects and invite selected applicants to complete an online application form that will be lodged with the Department for final assessment.
STEP 1: Expressions of Interests lodged until 11 August 2017 deadline.
STEP 2: Community Consultation Committee selects successful projects to progress to application stage.
STEP 3: Selected organisations to lodge grant application by 28 September, 2017.
STEP 4: Department reviews applications and awards grants.
If you have any questions about the Stronger Communities Grants please contact my office on 02 4991 1022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.