Local Sporting Champions
Applications are currently open until 11:59pm (AEST) on 30 September 2019 for Round 2.
The Local Sporting Champions program provides financial assistance for coaches, officials and competitors aged 12-18 participating in state, national or international championships.
If successful, applicants will receive $500-$750 towards the cost of attending their championships
- Base Grant: $500
- Applicants travelling 800km - 1999km to their nominated championships: + $100
- Applicants travelling internationally or greater than 2000km to their nominated championships: + $200
- Applicants residing in a rural electorate: + $50
- Be turning 12 to 18 years of age in the same calendar year as the nominated championships.
- Be an Australian citizen or have been granted permanent resident status, residing in Australia.
- Be participating as an athlete, coach, or match official in:
- an official state championships endorsed by the relevant Sport Australia recognised national sporting organisation (NSO) or a School Sport Australia member body; or
- an official national championships endorsed by the relevant Sport Australia recognised NSO or School Sport Australia; or
- an international competition as a member of an official Australian team, representing a Sport Australia recognised NSO or School Sport Australia.
- Those attending a state championships must be living more than 125km from the championships venue, and travelling greater than 250km return to participate in the nominated championships*.
- Must complete and submit the application prior to the nominated championships commencing**
- May receive a maximum of two grants in the same allocation year (1 March – 28/29 February) for attending either:
- one state or national championships and one international competition; or
- two different international competitions.
- Must incur out-of-pocket expenses equal to, or greater than, the grant amount they are eligible to receive.
* Those attending a national or international competition do not need to be travelling a minimum distance to be eligible.
**Saved applications must be completed and submitted prior to the championships commencing.
Along with meeting the eligibility criteria, to receive a grant applicants must abide by the program Terms and Conditions.
Click here to apply, or copy the following link into your browser: